Test Knitting Forum for Anadiomena and Monika Sirna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast Baby Cardigan

4 posters

Go down

Fast Baby Cardigan Empty Fast Baby Cardigan

Post  JanHarvey Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:41 am

Fast Baby Cardigan DSCF3884

About 3 years ago as part of the Ravelympics I published a baby cardigan pattern.  It was meant as a fast cardi to make the old fashioned way - without the need for too much thought.  There is no need for modelled pics - but I'd love to see some project photos.

The old version is still on Ravelry - but the revised looks very different!

I would love it if a couple of you were prepared to help test to make sure it is fully usable!
It is worked from the bottom up, fronts and back are separated at the underarm and worked separately. Button bands are worked at the same time.
Sleeves are made separately (flat though I don't mind if you do them in the round).
Raglans are seamed (yes seamed, I know going back to the dark ages).
The neckband is then worked.

Gauge is 24sts x 32rows = 10cm/4" on 3.75 needles - so sports to light DK yarn is ideal.

There is 5 cm/2" of positive ease.

Sizes:
3-6 months 17.5 inch chest
6-12 months 19.34 inch chest
12-18 months 21.5 inch chest

I did consider removing it altogether but I receive regular messages from people thanking me for a pattern on straight needles with relatively few seams.
Thank you for considering!
JanHarvey
JanHarvey
Admin

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/JanHarvey

Back to top Go down

Fast Baby Cardigan Empty Re: Fast Baby Cardigan

Post  SuzyParkerYarns Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:32 am

hi Jan

I would happily test this for you, but don't have a recipient small enough to get the fitting information?! If you want an extra tester though to work through the pattern for clarity of instructions etc... then please give me a shout. I love making baby clothes lol

SuzyParkerYarns

Back to top Go down

Post  JanHarvey Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:53 am

SuzyParkerYarns wrote:hi Jan

I would happily test this for you, but don't have a recipient small enough to get the fitting information?! If you want an extra tester though to work through the pattern for clarity of instructions etc... then please give me a shout. I love making baby clothes lol
Thank you!
I've just emailed you the pattern.
JanHarvey
JanHarvey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzyParkerYarns Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:39 am

JanHarvey wrote:
SuzyParkerYarns wrote:hi Jan

Thank you!
I've just emailed you the pattern.
got it, thanks Jan... Will cast on very soon x

Maria x

SuzyParkerYarns

Back to top Go down

Post  MummyGiraffe Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:55 pm

I've only just noticed you hiding at the bottom there! I could do one as I've got a few babies at the moment (2 not born yet) but it depends how urgent it is as I've got to do other things the next couple of weeks
MummyGiraffe
MummyGiraffe

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/MummyGiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzyParkerYarns Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:30 pm

All finished. I have posted more pics on my project page. I used 320 yards of merino DK. Great pattern Jan, very easy to understand, and well laid out Smile
Fast Baby Cardigan Jans_t10

SuzyParkerYarns

Back to top Go down

Post  JanHarvey Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:54 pm

SuzyParkerYarns wrote:All finished. I have posted more pics on my project page. I used 320 yards of merino DK. Great pattern Jan, very easy to understand, and well laid out Smile
WOW, I am speechless - you have made a very simple pattern look gorgeous!

Thank you so much for your help!
JanHarvey
JanHarvey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzyParkerYarns Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:48 am

JanHarvey wrote:
SuzyParkerYarns wrote:All finished. I have posted more pics on my project page. I used 320 yards of merino DK. Great pattern Jan, very easy to understand, and well laid out Smile
WOW, I am speechless - you have made a very simple pattern look gorgeous!

Thank you so much for your help!
Oh thank you Jan , it was a pleasure to knit xx

SuzyParkerYarns

Back to top Go down

Post  MummyGiraffe Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:11 pm

I couldn't get the gauge even on smaller needles but decided I would have a go and see what happened as it wouldn't matter if I got a size bigger. Unfortunately it was no good, my hem measures 25 inches which is way too big!! Don't understand! It may be the yarn, as something I knitted for Nathanael in Sirdar Snuggly was a terrible fit!
MummyGiraffe
MummyGiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post  JanHarvey Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:48 pm

MummyGiraffe wrote:I couldn't get the gauge even on smaller needles but decided I would have a go and see what happened as it wouldn't matter if I got a size bigger.  Unfortunately it was no good, my hem measures 25 inches which is way too big!!  Don't understand!  It may be the yarn, as something I knitted for Nathanael in Sirdar Snuggly was a terrible fit!
25 inches - I assume that is when folded in half.
Dont worry - I wanted this done as much to update the pattern so it looked presentable - i know the gauge is a bit odd looking but it worked for me and the yarn i had at the time.
Thanks for trying anyway!
JanHarvey
JanHarvey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jkubricht Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Jan, do you still need testers for this? One of my teachers is pregnant and I would be happy to make this for her if you need another eye. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, my testing schedule was a bit overflowing at the time. It's very open now. Let me know. Smile
jkubricht
jkubricht

Back to top Go down

Post  MummyGiraffe Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:40 am

JanHarvey wrote:
MummyGiraffe wrote:I couldn't get the gauge even on smaller needles but decided I would have a go and see what happened as it wouldn't matter if I got a size bigger.  Unfortunately it was no good, my hem measures 25 inches which is way too big!!  Don't understand!  It may be the yarn, as something I knitted for Nathanael in Sirdar Snuggly was a terrible fit!
Dont worry - I wanted this done as much to update the pattern so it looked presentable - i know the gauge is a bit odd looking but it worked for me and the yarn i had at the time.
No it was right across, have I misunderstood? I was going to dig out some straight needles so I could have another go on a smaller size!
MummyGiraffe
MummyGiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post  JanHarvey Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:08 am

MummyGiraffe wrote:
JanHarvey wrote:
No it was right across, have I misunderstood?  I was going to dig out some straight needles so I could have another go on a smaller size!
The hem was for the back and fronts - all in one piece.
I did upload the new version to Rav so if you still want to try - just use that copy.
Fast Baby Cardigan
JanHarvey
JanHarvey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JanHarvey Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:09 am

jkubricht wrote:Jan, do you still need testers for this? One of my teachers is pregnant and I would be happy to make this for her if you need another eye. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, my testing schedule was a bit overflowing at the time. It's very open now. Let me know. Smile
Jeannie - it is up to you - it is not seamless though.
The pattern is here now -
Fast Baby Cardigan
JanHarvey
JanHarvey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jkubricht Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:05 am

JanHarvey wrote:
jkubricht wrote:Jan, do you still need testers for this? One of my teachers is pregnant and I would be happy to make this for her if you need another eye. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, my testing schedule was a bit overflowing at the time. It's very open now. Let me know. Smile
Jeannie - it is up to you - it is not seamless though.
The pattern is here now -
Fast Baby Cardigan
I'm ok with not seamless. :)It will be something new for me.
jkubricht
jkubricht

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum