This Way,That Way

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: This Way,That Way

Post  deidre12345 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:33 am

And are we waiting with ravelry pictures?
deidre12345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aga2md on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:41 am

Deidre, the girls are so cute Very Happy I love their curly hair!!!

aga2md

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deidre12345 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:34 am

aga2md wrote:Deidre, the girls are so cute Very Happy I love their curly hair!!!

Thank you! If you don't mind Janet, I think for this one I will do applied I cord for the neck and the sleeves. I think it looks summery that way.
deidre12345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KnittingMonkeys on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:55 pm

I've just finished the "Shoulder Shaping" section but only had to attach a new piece of yarn for one of the rows - is this what others found as well? Hope I did this right!

Also, there is no note on whether to cut yarn before moving onto "Front" section. Should we cut all 3 (or 4?) pieces of yarn, or leave the MC yarn to work later (seams or neckband?).

I'm a newbie at this type of shaping, as I've never knit a top from the bottom up.
KnittingMonkeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KnittingMonkeys on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:57 am

My vest is done. I knitted the size 8 - 9, 27 inch chest for my younger daughter whose chest measures 26 inches. I made it slightly (about an inch) longer than pattern called for, because my girl is tall. I used MC 275 yards, CC 169 yards.

I found no errors in the pattern. The only step that gave me pause was when there was no note on cutting yarn between shoulder shaping & front section.

I was originally going to use another Colour Adventures yarn for CC but didn't love the look knitted together, like I did when the balls were side by side. Ended up using leftovers in stash, going for a light grey, dark grey, black gradient effect.

It is HOT here right now, but will get modelled pictures soon.

Thanks for letting me test this.
KnittingMonkeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JanHarvey on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:32 am

Thank you so much to all of you for keeping going with this. Apologies for my absence - I just had so much on family wise and day job that knitting has very much taken a backseat.

Yes to grafting or 3 needle bind off if you are happy to join the shoulders that way. I will look at adding a bit more depth to the armholes especially for the bigger sizes.
I will read your posts more thoroughly as soon as my head is clearer. Thank you so much for posting pics and all your work.
JanHarvey
Admin

View user profile http://www.ravelry.com/projects/JanHarvey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cicha on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Janet, I think you should change something for my size (6-7), because for neck shaping I had slip stitch as a last stitch (and first stitch for other front) close to neck opening and it didn't work too good, because I was getting holes. I made one more decrease to avoid this. But this way I need to decrease one more stitch for each shoulder on back. I'm not sure if you know what I mean....
Cicha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aga2md on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:11 am

Janet, I have finished my vest a while back...sorry I have not posted pictures here yet for you. I will do that later today and calculate my yardage.
I did do the three needle bind off and I am much happier with how it looked. Also, I don't know if you are going to publish this design as a girl design or more unisex...for my son, I needed to knit the lengths as for the next size up (6/7 chest size but the lengths for the 8/9).

aga2md

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maritere on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:50 am

Jan, I love this vest! Unfortunately, I just found it and will not have time to test by deadline.
maritere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KnittingMonkeys on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Modeled picture . . .

KnittingMonkeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deidre12345 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:06 am

I recently finished a 6-7 size vest for Szonja. I cut it very close for yardage, so I think you could add a bit more recommended. Also, I couldn't make it much longer, but I felt like I wanted it to be about an inch longer than recommended.
I did find one mistake. In the underarm shaping it says to continue decreasing until we have 50 stitches, but before this instruction we have already decreased to 50 stitches.
For my second project I grafted the shoulders, but I wasn't sure what to do about giving it a slope. Does that make sense? For a sewn finish you BO gradually, but of course mine is straight across so I could graft.
Pictures soon! I have Szonja wearing it today, but it might be too sunny today for both wearing and picture taking. Indian summer, just one more week they say!
deidre12345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum